- This page is about the first spin-off of Power. If you're looking for the character nicknamed "Ghost", see James St. Patrick.
Power Book II: Ghost is a spin-off of the American crime drama, Power. It was created and executive produced by Courtney A. Kemp and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson. The spin-off premiered on September 6, 2020.
“Power Book II: Ghost" picks up shortly after the earth-shattering events of “Power” as Tariq St. Patrick (Michael Rainey, Jr.) grapples with a new world order: his father James "Ghost" St. Patrick is dead, and his mother, Tasha (Naturi Naughton), is facing charges for his murder -- even though Tariq pulled the trigger. To earn his inheritance, Tariq has to navigate the rigors of an elite university doing twice the work -- his and that of a nigh-profile member of the school's basketball team. Truly on his own for the first time in his life, Tariq is forced to split his time between school and hustling to pay for Davis MacLean (Cliff “Method Man” Smith), the fame-hungry defense lawyer who is Tasha’s only hope of getting out of jail and escaping prosecution by newly minted U.S. Attorney Cooper Saxe (Shane Johnson). With no better options, Tariq turns to the familiar drug game, entangling himself with a cutthroat family headed by Monet Stewart Tejada (Mary J. Blige). As Tariq tries to balance his drug operation with his grades, love life, and family, he figures out that the only way to avoid the same fate his father met is to become him — only better.
- Michael Rainey Jr. as Tariq St. Patrick
- Shane Johnson as Cooper Saxe
- Gianni Paolo as Brayden Weston
- Melanie Liburd as Caridad "Carrie" Milgram
- Lovell Adams-Gray as Dru Tejada
- Daniel Bellomy as Ezekiel "Zeke" Cross
- Quincy Tyler Bernstine as Tameika Washington
- Paige Hurd as Lauren Baldwin
- Woody McClain as Cane Tejada
- Justin McManus as Jabari Reynolds (only season 1)
- Clifford "Method Man" Smith Jr. as Davis Maclean
- LaToya Tonodeo as Diana Tejada
- Mary J. Blige as Monet Stewart Tejada
- Naturi Naughton as Tasha St. Patrick
- Daniel Sunjata as Mecca (from season 2)
It was announced alongside the renewal of Power itself for the sixth and final season. And it was officially announced after the final episode of Power alonside with the three others spin-offs.The narrative pick up just days after the events of the final season.
- ‘Power Book II: Ghost’ Renewed For Season 2 By Starz - Deadline
- TVLine TVLine Items: Method Man Joins Power Spinoff, Wallenda vs. Volcano and More
- spoilertv.com Power Book II: Ghost - Mary J. Blige to Star in Sequel Series